Friday, June 16, 2006

podcast: O come, all ye faithful

To quote Big Boi (the bigger half of OutKast): "Sometimes life can keep you down, with your face all in the dirt/ Now if you feel that left behind, need to get up and go to church."
On Sunday, I went to church at Ayias Sofias, pictured above.

Download or subscribe (4:46, 2.9 MB)

The website of the church that I mention at the end, All Souls Church, Unitarian (Washington, D.C.) has audio archives here.

Also, welcome to everyone coming here from nylon.gr. I had a friend translate a bit of their commentary about my podcast. It's pretty amusing:
"I think that, since I discovered [this young American boy] on iTunes podcasts, then hundreds of thousands (or perhaps millions) of other users from the same service have probably (I'm certain) discovered him. iTunes already has over 20,000,000 customers.

"I have no doubt that the podcast of this young boy can bring many more tourists to Greece than the millions of Euro (60 mil. alone are going towards the advertisments!) which Fany Palli is planning to invest in the framework of our new touristic policy.
. . .
"Anna Vissy is not going to bring us our good customer[s]. The young American boy will bring [them]. Because they know him, they trust him."

I'd like to correct them on two points:
1. At most, 70 people listen to this podcast. I am responsible for four people visting Greece, but they only came because I'm related to them.
2. I'm 3 years older than you say--I'm 23, not 20.

Also, thanks for the link, Εργοτελίνα. I'm a big fan of exclamation points (!). Nice to see them after every link.

2 Comments:

At 2:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Brad, just saw your post.

With my post, I didn't mean to post a fact or state some real situation (or numbers).

I just wanted to make a point about the coming trends in the online world versus traditional methods of marketing.

Nice job

Cheers

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Mave said...

brad , hi , I just downloaded your podcast about learning greek.
The dialog you overheard in the taxi was probably about a demonstration/marching of people in the streets concerning probably some political agenda where violent situations probably occured. The lad was reminiscing of the time she was 12 years old , living in neapoli (west part of thessaloniki) and she took the bus and.... well that's it. Anyway if you need any help with all things greek in Thessaloniki at least , fire away an email,

dounas@gmail.com
Theodore.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home